Tuesday, December 13, 2011

There are no tater tots in the desert


My cat and I are like peas and carrots. We are both fairly stupid and enjoy making faces at cameras. (and we eat kibble)

FAILURE, ATTITUDE, and SELF ESTEEM

What do I think about these things? I will tell you.

 Going along with the theme of my video this week (There is no Fail) I'm gonna jot down some thoughts and observations here about maintenance, "failure" and falling off the wagon. First I'm going to share something with you:

I weigh myself daily.

That's right, that thing nearly every fucking diet or exercise program  or weight loss blog tells you to NEVER EVER DO? I do that. I am a contrary beast, but more than that I am the master of my weight loss journey and my self. I wasn't always. A big change I've done that is part of my "diet" is to be more aware of EVERYTHING I do with my life, and my body. I pay attention to things, and I don't just accept what people tell me.

IN FACT I usually tell people to Eff themselves (mentally of course) when they give me unasked for advice. I don't care what you think. I'm doing it my way, the way I want to, at the pace I choose. Weight loss is a completely selfish endeavor and I am unapologetic about it. This is a good thing.

Weighing myself daily has been one of my favorite aspects of weight loss. I love to look at my graph. I love to know exactly what I weighed this morning. I am not afraid of the scale, I am not afraid of weight gain and fluctuations. I trust myself and I trust my diet and I am curious as all get out about the nitty gritty details.

I read all over about how weighing yourself daily is supposed to be a bad idea because you will get discouraged and blah blah blah. That is really only a problem if you don't have the backbone or the perspective to understand what your daily weight really is.

My roommate is amazed at how unfazed I am when I see a 6 pound gain in as short a time as two days, but I know its not "FAT" weight, and that it will go back down fairly quickly.

I think having a "binge/normal caloric intake" weekend at least once a month is a very good thing. Its been happening to me naturally, and then my diet goes back to being more intense. Like I said in my video, its good to give your body a break and let it know you aren't starving in the desert.

Go eat some tater tots. Your body knows there are no tater tots in the desert.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of graphing daily weight out...excel spreadsheets, MotherEffer!! YAAA BABY! hehe. Being a nerd is fun! I really enjoy your blog and youtube channel. I'm a huge fan and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete